This beautiful historic Greek Revival Residence was built circa 1850. It is a 2 1/2 story framed clapboard duplex with 2 rear kitchen ells which were the main entrances to the building when it was originally constructed. It is one of the last remaining dwellings facing the town green and one of Windsor Center's "Jewels". Owned by H. Sidney Hayden, it was eventually used for commercial enterprise housing an electrical company. It was sold to Bill Selig, Sr. in approx 1976. The building housed Bill Selig Silversmith; opening in the building in 1977. In 1982 Bill Selig Jewelers was incorporated and has operated in that location ever since. In 1990 the home was renovated to add a storefront facade and a small entry porch on the front left side. The home is listed on the National Historic register. Over the last 31 years Bill Selig Jewelers has become an integral part of Windsor Center. The Jewelry Store has consistently sold the most ornaments for this First Town Downtown fundraiser that was initiated when Selig's Vice President, Sharran Selig Bennett was First Town's President. First Town Downtown is happy to honor Sharran and the Selig building as the subject of this year's Historic Center ornament.