|July, 2020||show full year||Close|
|Event:||Sixth Annual Members' Show & Events|
|Date:||July 25th to September 12th, 2020.|
WAC member’s shows have consistently won accolades from visitors awed by the talents of its members and the range of styles, subjects, and media of their artwork. Submitting artists include both professional and avocational artists and are of all ages with the commonality of expressing themselves through their visual art. Awards are given for Best in Show, Second Place, Honorable Mention, and Young Participant Recognition.
This year’s Juror of Awards is Carianne Mack Garside, Professor of Fine Arts at Tunxis Community College in Farmington, Connecticut. She received a B.F.A. from Alfred University and an M.F.A. from the University of Iowa. She also studied at the Scuola Internazionale di Grafica in Venice, Italy. She is a practicing artist currently working in large-format watercolors with studio experience in oil painting, gouache, printmaking, book binding, metal forging, bronze casting, glass blowing, glass casting, plaster sculpture, and video. She has exhibited around the country and has work installed in numerous private and corporate spaces worldwide. She is currently represented by Soho Myriad Art Consultants in Atlanta, Georgia. She lives in Connecticut with her husband and 3 children.
Everyone interested in exhibiting must be a current member of the Windsor Art Center. Submission guidelines are posted at www.windsorartcenter.org.
Windsor Art Center membership is open to anyone who wishes to support the center’s mission of “celebrating creativity and inspiring an appreciation for diverse artistic cultures by showcasing the visual and performing arts.” Those interested in exhibiting or participating in other activities can join or renew their membership online. In addition to supporting the arts in our region, your membership benefits include discounts on Windsor Art Center classes, workshops, and the gift shop.
Become a member now! Pay by Check or PayPal
Go to: www.windsorartcenter.org/become-a-member/
Individual $30; Family $50; Business $100
* Opening weekend: July 25, 10:00-4:00pm & July 26, 11:00-4:00pm. In order to comply with state COVID-19 regulations, our traditional opening reception has been replaced with an informal opening weekend to help spread out the number of guests visiting at one time. (Masks and social distancing are still required. Number of visitors at a time will be limited)
* Awards Announcement - Virtually, will be on Saturday, July 25, 5:00pm. Join us on Facebook Live! Winners will also be published on the website, http://www.windsorartcenter.org/
* Art Rocks! Treasure hunt for everyone! Beginning Saturday, July 25, 10:00am, all are welcome to come to the Windsor Art Center for a rock treasure hunt. All those one-of-a-kind painted rocks created by local artists and residents in response to our call for rock artists will inundate the perimeter of the Windsor Art Center. Find and take a rock or two that speaks to you!
* Selfie challenge: Take a picture of yourself (mask included) in front of your favorite Member’s show artwork. Most creative award will be selected at the end of the exhibition and will win a $25.00 Windsor Art Center gift card! How to Enter/Share image via Instagram: @windsor.art.center #6thannualmembershow or Facebook: @Windsorartcenter
Not on social media? Email image to WACmembersExhibition@google.com
* Artists Among Us; Artist Mini-Talks: Saturday September 12, 2:00pm. Join us to hear artists in our community. Invited Windsor Art Center Members Jeanne Manzelli, Chelsea Saunder, and Phil Hargrave, will speak briefly about their works, process, subject matter, etc. Questions and conversation with the audience will follow.
* Windsor Discounts; Enjoy great art and great food and support Windsor at the same time!! Mention that you visited the Member’s exhibition and The Union Street Tavern and Windsor Steak and Seafood will give 10% off your food bill (lunch or dinner.) Taste of India is offering a free rice pudding dessert if you come in towards dinner hour.
This exhibition is made possible with support by The Hartford, Pelton Graphics, Dan J. & Alice Ford Ferraina and other individuals, businesses, & organizations in our community.
The Windsor Art Center, Windsor, Connecticut, is a nonprofit organization that promotes the visual and performing arts and presents visual art exhibits showcasing the works of a variety of artists working in diverse media and genres. There is no charge to visit the gallery or the on-site gift shop which features locally made art. Parking is free and easily accessible. For more information on the exhibition, scheduled programs and exhibits, membership, and performing or exhibiting in the gallery, visit www.windsorartcenter.org.