Small businesses, nonprofits, and places of worship that would like to request equipment from the state’s supply of infrared thermometers can fill out a form online at ct.gov/coronavirus in the “Access to Personal Protective Equipment” section, or through the links provided below:
The state is partnering with the Connecticut Business and Industry Association and its affiliate CONNSTEP to distribute the thermometers. They will be delivered to the municipalities in which the organizations are located, and then the municipalities will contact the recipient entities to inform them of a time and location they can pick up their requested equipment
DECD has launched the business certification form for businesses opening up on May 20: https://business.ct.gov/recovery.
DECD Grants to Arts Organizations
Thanks to $400,000 in CARES Act funding, DECD is making grants available to arts organizations.
The Connecticut Office of the Arts will re-grant a total of $400,000 to Connecticut arts organizations in need. Grant awards will range from $1,500 to $3,000. Due to limited funds and anticipated high volume of applications, grantees will be randomly selected from the pool of eligible applicants with attention to geographic distribution.
Funds may be used for:
· Salary support, full or partial, for positions that are critical to an organization’s mission
· Fees for artists and/or contractual personnel to maintain or expand the period during which such persons would be engaged
· Facility / occupancy costs, such as rent and utilities
· Costs directly associated with an organization’s ability to continue operations now and in the future
Here are the details: https://myemail.constantcontact.com/CARES-Act-Relief-Grants-for-Connecticut-Arts-Organizations.html?soid=1124774640404&aid=bK72jHtc38U.
Rules for Reopening on May 20 by Sector
Find out the rules for reopening for all sectors allowed to re-open on May 20th which includes Hair Salons & Barbershops, Museums and Zoos (Outdoor Only), Offices, Restaurants (Outdoor Only), and Retail & Malls.
Information for residents, businesses, and municipalities including news, resources and publications to keep you informed.
PPP FAQs: https://eig.org/news/understanding-the-paycheck-protection-program
New fillable application form for Paycheck Protection Program (PPP):
New: CT Recovery Bridge Loan Program
1) The CT Department of Economic and Community Development (DECD) resource page for businesses impacted by coronavirus. (DECD has also deferred loan payments for all Small Business Express loans for three months).
2) DECD COVID-19 Business Emergency Response Line: 860-500-2333.
3) The CT Department of Revenue Services (DRS) extension of filing deadlines for certain business tax returns for 30 days.
4) SBA Low-Interest Disaster Loans for CT Businesses Impacted by coronavirus.
5) CDC Guidance for Businesses and Employers Impacted by Coronavirus
6) CT's Small Business Development Center (SBDC) resources for small businesses impacted by coronavirus.
7) CT's Women's Business Development Council (WBDC) virtual classes and counseling for small businesses impacted by COVID-19.
8) SCORE webinars and free mentoring for small businesses impacted by coronavirus.
9) DECD and AdvanceCT survey to get feedback from CT businesses on the impact of the coronavirus. The results will help the state better respond to businesses struggling during this difficult time.
10) The Governor and DECD held a conference call on Thurs, March 19th from 1:00 pm - 2:00 pm, open to all business leaders, chambers of commerce, and other stakeholders to provide updates on the state's economic response to COVID-19.