The Shad Always Return!First Town Downtown, in collaboration with Windsor Historical Society and Windsor Chamber of Commerce, has a FUN and EXCITING activity for you and your family starting this month and lasting through the summer. Visit the www.TourWindsorCT.org website on your smartphone or tablet and enjoy visiting Windsor shops, restaurants, and attractions.
Pick up your own printed shad fish from one of our partner locations, listed below, and take a selfie of the two of you having a good time at any of the points from TourWindsorCT!
Did you know there is also a chance to win PRIZES!?! Post your selfie with the shad on the www.TourWindsorCT.org website or social media using the hashtag #theshadalwaysreturn. Prize winners will be chosen at random at the end of every month from the pool of selfies linked to the hashtag.
Where to pick up your own Windsor shad for some selfie fun:
- Bart’s Drive-in and The Beanery – 55 Palisado Avenue, https://bartsdrivein.com/
- The Bean @226 – 226 Broad Street, https://www.thebean226.com/
- The Blue Dragonfly Gift Shop – 144A Broad Street, https://the-blue-dragonfly-gift-shop.business.site/
- Ewe & You Fiber Arts – Carriage House at 261 Broad Street, https://eweandyoufiberarts.com/
- First Town Downtown office – 161A Broad Street, weekdays 9:00 AM – 1:00 PM
- James Selig Estate Jewelry & Antiques – 161 Broad Street, https://jamesseligantiques.com/
- Union Street Tavern - 20 Union Street, http://unionstreettavern.com
- Windsor ACE Hardware – 296 Broad Street, https://www.acehardware.com/store-details/14625
- Windsor Chamber of Commerce – 261 Broad Street
- Windsor Historical Society - Fishing for Fun event (May 15) – https://windsorhistoricalsociety.org/event/fishing-for-fun/