The Windsor Eagle monument was erected in 1929 as a war memorial to all the soldiers and sailors from Windsor who had fought in defense of the town and the nation. The monument was designed by Evelyn Longman Batchelder. Her husband was Nathaniel Horton Batchelder, headmaster at the Loomis Institute. Evelyn donated her services in the production of three of the Town's most cherished artistic and historic memorials. Her first was the Windsor War Memorial - a bronze eagle, emblematic of freedom and fortitude - dedicated "TO THE PATRIOTS OF WINDSOR." This monument stands on the Windsor Town Green.