Windsor CT Main Street Program
|November, 2018||show full year||Close|
|Dates:||Starts on November 28th, 2018 and occurs every week on Mondays until December 31st, 2018.|
“Over the years more than 1500 pairs of socks have been collected. So, if you have a pair of unused, new socks you would like to donate” says Sharran Selig, President of FTDT “please drop them off at the next lodge meeting or at the following Windsor locations: Bart’s, Jim’s Pizza, or Ace Hardware. We thank you in advance for your generosity”
Facts about homelessness
· Families comprise nearly 40% of all who are homeless.
· 68% of the cities had to turn away homeless families with children because of a lack of available shelter beds.
· Among families who are homeless with children, the majority cited loss of a job as the cause, followed by the lack of affordable housing, poverty, low-paying jobs and domestic violence.
· 42% of homeless children are under the age of 6.
· Families with children comprise one of the fastest-growing segments of the homeless population today.